- July 1, 2018
- By Marie Bertrand
- No comments
SkinScience “Summer of Contests” Contest
OFFICIAL CONTESTS RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The “SkinScience “Summer of Contests” (the “Contests”) is sponsored by SkinScience inc., 418 – 1011 Glenmore Trail SW Calgary Alberta Canada T2V 4R6 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contests are open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contests materials and those living in the same household. By participating in these Contests, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contests Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contests Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTESTS DATES AND TIMES:
Contest #1 begins on July 1st, 2018 at 12h00amMST and ends on July 14th, 2018 at 11h59pm MST (the “Contest #1 End Date”) after which time Contest #1 will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
Contest #2 begins on July 15, 2018 at 12h00amMST and ends on July 31st, 2018 at 11h59pm MST (the “Contest #2 End Date”) after which time Contest #2 will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
Contest #3 begins on August 1st, 2018 at 12h00amMST and ends on August 14th, 2018 at 11h59pm MST (the “Contest #3 End Date”) after which time Contest #3 will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
Contest #4 begins on August 15th, 2018 at 12h00amMST and ends on August 31st, 2018 at 11h59pm MST (the “Contest #4 End Date”) after which time Contest #4 will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter by following the step-by-step instructions relating to each contest. For these Contests, receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information.
All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit 10 entries per person .
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contests, or any other methods not authorized by these Contests Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contests Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTESTS PRIZES: There is a total of four (4) prizes available to be won consisting of:
- Contest #1 >>> A dermaplaning add-on, a 60-minute facial and a full size DermaQuest SheerZinc SPF30. Services must be performed on the same day, based on clinic’s availability. Prize is non transferable.
- Contest # 2 >>> $250 worth of Laser Hair Removal for the entrant and $250 worth of Laser Hair Removal for the entrant’s friend. Entrant’s friend must be the one tagged in the contest. Prize is non transferable.
- Contest #3 >>> One (1) hour skin consultation, one (1) mini dermaplaning and $250 worth of skin care products. Services must be performed on the same day, based on clinic’s availability. Prize is non transferable.
- Contest #4 >>> One (1) Stretch Marks Tamer Cycle (2 radio-frequency treatments to affected body area, 1 Fractora treatment to affected body area) and a NeoCutis Bio-Serum. Prize is non transferable.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contests End Dates.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing questions to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call.
8. WINNERS SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION:
- Contest #1 – On Sunday July 15, 2018 at noon/12h00pm MST
- Contest #2 – On Wednesday July 31st at noon/12h00pm MST
- Contest #3 – On Wednesday August 15 at noon/12h00pm MST
- Contest #4 – On Friday August 31, 2018 at noon/12h00pm MST
at 418 – 1011 Glenmore Trail SW, Calgary Alberta (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner(s) (the “Selected Entrant(s)”). The Selected Entrant(s) will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within three (3) business days of the draw and will be contacted via the social media account provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed release form must be received by Sponsor no later than September 15, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winners must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contests (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contests to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contests or any prizes, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contests and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contests Rules or participation in the Contests and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contests or be awarded a prize(s), including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contests Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contests or accepting a prize(s); (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contests or receipt or use or misuse of any prize(s), including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend these Contests at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contests are not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contests and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contests End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contests, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of these Contests or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contests are void where prohibited by law and are subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. These Contests shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Alberta, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contests Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Calgary, Alberta.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contests Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend these Contests, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contests.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by these Contests or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© SkinScience inc., 2018. All Rights Reserved.