While we recently briefed Calgary on the ins and outs of microneedling, we had to follow up to explain why exactly we here at SkinScience Clinic are so passionate about the treatment.
Here at SkinScience, we don’t believe in cookie-cutter approaches to skin: we throw our weight behind science-backed solutions, education, and personalization for each and every client that walks through our door… and with eight years of microneedling experience, we pride ourselves, in true SkinScience-style, in elevating the microneedling experience to being the most effective it can be.
A Refresher on Microneedling
Used to treat common skin complaints such as age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, discolouration, acne scars, and visible signs of aging, microneedling is a minimally-invasive cosmetic treatment that dates back to the 1990s. By utilizing thin sterilized needles to puncture the surface layer of your skin to cause minor trauma and, consequently, trigger the “derma”—the deeper layer of skin—to rebuild, microneedling triggers collagen and helps to plump skin while reducing scarring, wrinkles, pigmentation, and rosacea.
Painless, safe for all skin types, and requiring zero downtime, it’s no wonder why microneedling has become one of SkinScience’s most popular treatments here in Calgary.
Why is SkinScience’s Microneedling the Best in Calgary?
We’re glad you asked! Throughout SkinScience’s eight years of microneedling experience (and over 50 years in overall combined skincare experience!), we’ve ensured that our clients here in Calgary receive the most thorough treatments possible.
When experiencing microneedling treatments here at SkinScience, you can expect:
- A total prep and treatment time of 60 – 75 min for a single treated area, and 75 – 90 min for two treated areas
- Microneedling administered via the DermaPen for $250 CAD, with a discount for the second area if desired
- The option of upgrading to Fractora— microneedling combined with radiofrequency in order to more effectively reduce the look of stretch marks, deep acne scars, wrinkles on the face, neck and/or chest, and enlarged pores— for $800 – $999, with a discount for the second area if desired
- The use of numbing cream for improved comfort if the DermaPen or Fractora is chosen for administration
- The option to boost your microneedling treatment by adding: purified cocktail of regenerative growth factors to your treatment for an additional $100 or 15 – 20 min of LED Red Light Therapy to accelerate skin renewal for an additional $95
- Aftercare that includes Avene thermal spa water and AnteAGE growth factors
- Education on the 24 hours post-treatment, which includes recommendations on which activities to avoid and which products to opt for while your skin is healing
Immediate benefits include skin tightening, the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, the plumping of skin, an instantaneous glow, and a decrease in visible scars and colouration. While rough texture and redness is common post-treatment, these side-effects should subside within the first 48 hours, and any minor discomfort will fade within seven days (or earlier, depending on the length of the needles used).
Customizing treatments to each client’s skin goals is so important, which is why we take the extra step and offer science-backed add-ons and post-treatment topicals: since microneedling can boost product absorption by up to 1000%, our topicals are carefully chosen in order to help you surpass your skin goals. Both our optional purified growth factors and our post-treatment AnteAGE MD growth factors are specifically engineered to help your skin retain its renewed firmness and elasticity longer.
So What Are You Waiting For?
Winter is the safest month to have microneedling treatments performed on your skin due to the lower risk of sunburn, so don’t wait until Spring to get your glow on! The ideal duration of microneedling sessions is one every 4 – 6 weeks.
Whether you’re already in love with microneedling or still needing to experience the benefits yourself, book your appointment with us today and let us get you the skin of your dreams.