- June 18, 2018
- By Marie Bertrand
- No comments
Peptides – the little molecules that could.
At SkinScience, we are BIG fans of peptides and we think they are the most important breakthrough in skin care in recent years. Peptides are small chains of amino acids that pack a HUGE punch when it comes to skin health. Depending on their amino acid (?) composition, peptides perform different functions in the skin.
(with 20 different amino acids to choose from, the combinations are almost endless!!)
1. ANTI-AGING PEPTIDES // Matrixyl, Argireline help boost skin fibers to smooth fine lines and wrinkles
2. EXFOLIATING PEPTIDES // Move over St.Ives scrub, there’s a new kid in town – dipeptide 3 norleucine boosts cell exfoliation by competing with the proteins that holds cells together. Sneaky but awesome!
3. BRIGHTENING PEPTIDES // Bye bye hydroquinone, hello oligopeptide-68! This sophisticated peptides inhibits am important enzyme needed for the production of extra brown pigment – TRP-1 and TRP-2. It’s better at lightening than arbutin and vitaminC combined!!!!
4. FIRMING PEPTIDES // Hexapeptide-11 is a multitasking peptides that never takes a break! (and works on 5 keys aspects of skin tightening)
5. HYDRATING PEPTIDES // Acetyl hexapeptide-37 boosts the performance of aquaporin 3 (AQP3) which helps water move through the layers of the epidermis to restore hydration and skin flexibility.
6. ANTIGLYCATION PEPTIDES // Tetrapeptide-23 reduces advanced glycation end products (AGEs) and is an antioxidant that prevent free radical damage.
7. STRESS REDUCING PEPTIDES // Acetyl tetrapeptide-22 increases Heat Shock Protein HSP70 levels in the skin, which enhances stress tolerance and prevents cell damage.
Wow, who knew that such small molecules could do so much!
Here are our most recommended peptide-containing products.
BEST ANTI-AGING PEPTIDE SERUM
BEST BRIGHTENING PEPTIDE SERUM
BEST FIRMING PEPTIDE EYE CREAM